NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
“NOT ME BUT YOU”
In PTU Giani Zail Singh Campus the NSS started in the year 1989. The scheme started with one unit and in all these years it has done the marvellous work for the society and mankind. As the GZSCET upgraded to PTUGZS Campus , NSS department also upgraded to 6 more units. Presently it is running with 7 units which have 700 volunteers.
The 7 units are headed by 7 Programming Officers and under the able guidance of these PO’s the number of activities are performed by all units in campus, Bathinda city and near-by places. The activities of units include one or two day’s camp, 7 days camp like; Blood Donation Camp, Orientation Programmes for Fresh Volunteers, Awareness Camps on Environment, Traffic Rules & Save Tiger, Cleaning Camps, Plantation & Maintenance of Trees, Cleaning Camp at Old Age Home, lectures on Social Evils or Teaching of Saints etc.
The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on welfare of the society as a whole.
Smt.Ranjeet Kaur,Assoc.Prof. Architecture-Incharge N.S.S.
1. 1. Prof. Gagandeep Kaur Coordinator & PO NSS –EE Unit
2. 2. Prof. Manjit Bansal PO NSS-CE Unit
3. 3. Prof. Neeraj Gill PO NSS-ECE Unit
4. 4. Prof. Dinesh Kumar PO NSS- CSE Unit
5. 5. Prof. Kalyan Rao PO NSS-TE Unit
6. 6. Prof. Vivek Kondal PO NSS-ME Unit
7. 7. Prof. Avinash Singh PO NSS-ARCH Unit
The Blood Donation Squad is available in campus to help the needy persons in case of emergency. The following contacts can be used.
Prof. Gagandeep Kaur Coordinator & PO NSS –EE Unit – 9417129985
Prof. Neeraj Gill PO NSS-ECE Unit & Chief Warden- 8872500290
Prof. Vivek Kumar PO NSS-ME & Incharge Security Wing- 8872500303
Mr. Ravinder Kumar NSS Volunteer –9464206733
Mr. Puneet Goyal NSS Volunteer- 9803548250
Activities of NSS from Aug 2012 to March 2013
1. On 29th August, the NSS unit ( Electrical Engg.) of PTU Giani Zail Singh Campus has organized a lecture on “ Teachings of Swami Vivekananda” . Mrs. Raj Gupta, Principal, Swami Vivekananda Girls College, Bathinda has delivered the lecture and has thrown the light on the life and teachings of Swami ji.
2. On 12th September 2012, the NCC & NSS Units of PTU GZS Campus, Bathinda have celebrated the Environment Awareness Day. Under the environment awareness program a rally was organized by the cadets & volunteers of campus in the Bathinda city with the help of District Administration. The poster making competition, cycle rally of campus kids, street play and zero hour of earth were the other activities organized by both wings during environment day celebration.
3. On 13th Sept an orientation programme for the fresh volunteers of NSS-EE was conducted. Er. Gagandeep Kaur P.O has delivered the lecture regarding the NSS Scheme and the contribution that the volunteers can made to the society.
4. On 26th Sept. a blood donation camp was organized by two units of campus with help of Samruddha Jeevan Foundation, Pune. The 50 units of blood were donated to Blood Bank Civil Hospital, Bathinda.
5. The NSS volunteers of P.T.U., Giani Zail Singh Campus Bathinda organised a two day camp ( 1/11/12 to 2/11/12) on “TRAFFIC RULES AWARENESS”. The second day of the camp started with the campaign on the city roads in collaboration with the Traffic Police, Bathinda. The volunteers addressed the passer byes regarding the traffic rules by handing over pamphlets.
jj 6. 7 Days NSS Camp for spreading awareness about Cancer and Hepatitis in rural areas of district Bathinda during 18 to 24 December 2012. This mega camp was organized by the NSS Department of Punjab Technical University, Jallandhar. About 215 volunteers of PTUGZS Campus have participated in the camp. The volunteers made the villagers aware regarding these deadly diseases and the preventive measures that can be taken. The door to door awareness and distribution of pamphlets have been done.
gg 7. On 5th January 15 volunteers of NSS Unit-EE have participated in the Traffic Rules Awareness Week celebrated by Traffic police Bathinda. Volunteers made the passerby’s aware regarding general rules they should follow for safety.
8. The 230 volunteers of NSS Units of campus have participated in the celebrations of Republic Day 2013 at Sports Stadium, Bathinda.
9. Two volunteers Mr. Ravinder Kumar and Mr. Puneet Goyal of NSS Unit-EE participated in 10 Days National Camp conducted by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, “ Youth to the Edge” to promote adventure in the North Eastern Region. The camp conducted at Rupa of Arunachal Pradesh from 24/2/2013 to 1/3/2013.
10. A Blood Donation Camp has been organized by the volunteers of NSS-Units of Campus on 5/3/2013. About 108 volunteers had donated the blood. The Aasra Welfare Society Bathinda has felicitated the donors with refreshment and momentos.
11. 7 Days NSS Camp has also been conducted by the volunteers of NSS- units of Diploma Wing of Campus in the PTUGZS Campus. The camp was regarding the campus cleaning and awareness about the social evils. About 105 volunteers participated in the camp from 12/3/2013 to 18/3/2013.